Summertime means rising temperatures and higher water usage in our homes and yards. Some watering restrictions may have been lifted in our area as we see drought conditions improving, but these water-saving tips are still important to your wallet!
Outdoor Water-Saving Tips
- Water your lawn and plants early or late in the day, preferably before dawn or after dusk. This helps reduce evaporation.
- Mulch around your plants to keep moisture in.
- Use a shut-off nozzle on your hose when hand watering.
- Consider using a sprinkler system that acts as a thermostat, monitoring weather to determine when and how much to water your yard.
- Use a broom to clean your driveway and sidewalks, instead of hosing them off.
Indoor Water-Saving Tips-
- Install low flow showerheads in your showers.
- Turn water off when brushing your teeth and when scrubbing dishes.
- Put faucet aerators on your sink faucets.
- Time your showers. Five minutes is a good goal!
- Only run your washing machine and dishwasher with full loads.
These tips will help save water and your budget! Maples Plumbing is here to help install or adjust any of these your water using appliances and systems you have in your home or yard. Call us 916-368-9134 or visit our click here to visit our website.