Spring is officially here! It’s that time of year when we all do some spring cleaning around the house and plant flowers in our gardens to liven up our living spaces. Often preventative plumbing checks get overlooked, but this is a great time to make sure things are running smoothly.
Checking little things now can prevent big and costly problems later. We at Maples Plumbing have put together some simple plumbing tips for Spring that you can do to check the health of your home’s plumbing this spring:
- Check and clean the drain stoppers for any hair, dirt or objects that may be blocking the drain.
- Check toilets for any hidden leaks by placing food coloring in the tank and checking for colored water in bowl after 30 minutes.
- Turn the water supply valves off and on under the sink and toilet to prevent sticking so they work if there is an emergency.
- Clean the shower heads to get rid of any mineral deposits that have built up over the winter.
- Check and clean the food and grease trap in your dishwasher so it drains properly.
- Check the hoses coming from your dishwasher and ice maker for any signs of wear.
- Check pipes under the sink for any signs of leaks.
- Check washing machine hoses for any leaks.
- Clean out the lint trap of your washing machine, if it has one.
- Check the temperature of the water heater; to save energy it should be no higher than 120 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Drain out a few gallons from your water heater to get rid of built up sediment.
- Clean gutters and downspouts.
- Check outdoor faucets and hose bibs for any leaks.
- Test your sprinklers and repair any broken pipes or sprinkler heads.
When performing these checks, if you discover a problem that needs a professional’s expertise, Maples Plumbing is here to help! Give us a call at 916-368-9134 anytime and we’ll come out to fix the problem.
We proudly serve the homeowners and businesses in the cities and communities of Lincoln, Roseville, Rocklin, Plumas Lake, Sheridan, Wheatland, Loomis, Sun City Lincoln, Del Web Roseville, Whitney Oaks.